Sinister: Strap Your Cock Around

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Tue Apr 21 20:30:27 BST 1998

Hi Left Handed Ones

Arab Strap's new album, Philophobia, has the following names amongst its
guest musicians: Stuart Murdoch (piano), Chris Geddes (Wurlitzer & Hammond
Organ) and Sarah Martin (violin) who play on the second track, Soaps.
(Chris also plays on the first.)

As to the album, its more interesting than the first, but to me a bit
disappointing compared to seeing them live where the addition of a rhythm
section makes for a more meaty sound than just the two boys and the beat
box. Also, somehow I suspect that they didn't pause and think of Sir Cliff
before committing some of the lyrics to paper/CD!

That sounds more damning than I meant it to be - I like it really!

David Moore
Chelmsford, UK