Sinister: the belle and sebastain series

jessica tinystar at xxx.com
Tue Apr 21 23:54:13 BST 1998

>  Any London-based members of the SINISTER PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB?  Maybe we
>should elect officers and such.  So far our members include Jessica from
>Toronto and Elizabeth from the UK.  And me.  And I think Geneveive.  Oh-
>Jessica and Elizabeth!  Just like the Wakefield twins in the popular
>Sweet Valley series...

I thought the Wakefield twins would have been so cool if only they were a
little more twee.  Like, if Jessica would cut her hair short (like mine,
spiky and fuzzy at the same time), and Elizabeth should have had a bob, and
worn Hello, Kitty teeshirts and played an instrument in her room.  And they
should have published their own zine, or something, I seem to recall a
story involving some scandal in the school newspaper.  Oh, if only the
literary Jessica had been a little cooler, more avant garde or something, I
would have been thrilled to share her name.

Everyone on the list should undertake the project of writing at least one
story in the series of 'Belle and Sebastian', which could later be
assembled into a collection.  I'm sure everyone has a slightly different
interpretation of Belle or Sebastian, and their activities and their
relationships and encounters.  We could create a Nancy Drew-ish scandal,
have different people write the books and pass them off as one author.  I'm
sure it would cause quite a stir when the truth came out.  If it came
out...

truly,
jessicaxo

Someone had spied on us, I suppose, as we sat beside the canal and ate the
sandwiches, drinking not even orangeade or Coca-Cola but hot milk out of a
thermos.