Sinister: we are the mods, we are the mods, we are, we are. we are the mods

Tag mctag at xxx.com
Thu Apr 23 11:21:08 BST 1998

Hello Playmates,

This is a note to do some plugging for a friend.  I like to "plug" my
friends, but that's another story.  Whatever.

On May 2nd (next Saturday, for the hard of thinking) at London's
celebrated Blow Up at the Wag, Soho there will be two Finnish groups
playing - Hanoi Rocks and no... err the Elevators and Super.  I hven't
really heard the elevators but Super are.  They are in a Cardigans/St
Et/Stereolab styleee, singer Minna is a bouncy lovable stage presence,
drummer Ville lost marginally to me in a King of the Sauna competition
last year, and you should go, because I said so.

On a Scandinavian tip (as ever), I have a hearty Tag recommendation
for Robot, whose LP has been in strict rotation with "Mezzanine"
(Keith, you're right, what was I thinking of, it rules) and Stereo
Total's sexy new LP since my return.  It's called "Automagic"and it's
got pop songs on it.  Not wussy "I saw a girl once and she was nice,
but I've got spots so I'm fucked" alleged pop songs, but good ones.
Lots of analogue synths playing catchy tunes with lyrics penned by a
nutter, like the Silicon Teens (he said, sounding old), only better.
One of their songs goes "I wish I could buy the pimples on your back
and have them on a snack", which is tres romantic if you're a pervert.
Happily I am.  They're from Gothenburg, you know.  Which is in Sweden.

Nice to see Madame Cholet (bloody stupid cutie name), talking to
Stephen Pastel.  How much more shameless name dropping would you like
to do, Beth?  But what can you expect from someone who used be in a
band named after a team once managed by Alex "there's been another
murrderr" Ferguson?

Finally, having read about the Jasmine Minks looking like Secret
Affair, I look forward immensely to reading the Duke's new novel, "Zen
and the Art of Lambretta maintenance".  Off to Brighton for the Bank
Holiday, are you Duke?  Keith is a rocker, and he says he'll kick your
butt.

Leave me alone, you're all weird.

Tag x
.             Escucha, esto es pish, yo va a dejar