Sinister: we are the mods, we are the mods, we are, we are. we are the mods

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Thu Apr 23 17:31:03 BST 1998

> Finally, having read about the Jasmine Minks looking like Secret
> Affair, I look forward immensely to reading the Duke's new novel, "Zen
>
> and the Art of Lambretta maintenance".

so who's been leaking? i don't mean as in the douglas coupland
obsession... anyone notice they cropped up in Shampoo Planet as well?
And despite the title i thought his latest was a great read... i said it
before, i'll say it again: Douglas Coupland is a great fanzine writer.
And actually my new novel is called The State I Am In and it's about a
loser lonely old bloke who finds himself in a 16 year old trendy popular
kid's bod. Fuck, imagine it, one minute you are a Belle and Sebastian
and Jasmine Minks fan trapped in your middle thirties crisis of identity
and the next... you're wearing kappa, you've slicked yer hair back and
your mates are off to a happy hardcore rave. and yes they still actually
say 'rave'.  ha ha ha.

>  Off to Brighton for the Bank
> Holiday, are you Duke?

way too trendy for me. i'll be suffering post-OFSTED party hangover
blues in my garret room, writing articles about the state of the
nations' apathetic youth for the Modern Review.

>  Keith is a rocker, and he says he'll kick your
> butt.

keith can do anything he wants to my butt, any time ;-)

the dukester

--
Tangents On-Line http://www.virtual-pc.com/tangent/
PO Box 102, Exeter, EX2 4YL, UK
tangent at lineone.net

.             Escucha, esto es pish, yo va a dejar