Sinister: picnics for really scared easily intimidated people.

David S Mccarthy 9607260m at xxx.uk
Mon Apr 27 18:35:31 BST 1998

I'm writing on behalf of all those people who are too scared to go to
picnics 'cause they don't know anthyone. On saturday morning I
found myself with such a problem and was frantically watching channel
five and chain smoking while my flatmate who said she'd come to hold
my hand insisted on staying in bed untill 12:40, adamant that it
would only take her 3 minutes to shower and ten minutes to walk up to
Byres road.

It took her 5 minutes to shower and it took us twenty to reach byres
road. It had started raining halfway through our journey and by the
time we reached fopp the other waiting listees looked even more scary
due to their bedraggled rain-soaked appearance.

But appearances can be decieving and they all turned out to be dead
nice. The picnic itself was interesting, with scotch eggs, fairy
cakes and the scary bloke with cheese sticks.Then the orchid show,
then the pub. It was bizzare, at first it was just wierd sitting with
people you don't really know but then people started talking about
the list and then more abstract things like being chased by cows and
medical problems mostly to do with testicles.

Then all too soon my flat mate started to feel queezy due lack of
sleep and abuse of alcohol,nicotine etc and had to leave, strangely
drawn to farmfoods where she felt obliged to but three arctic roles
for £1.39-bargin! I left soon after, happy with a day well spent.

So hello to everybody I met,
And anybody considering going to a similar event - don't be scared

.             Ascolta, questo è pish, io sto andando lasciare