Sinister: Colourings & Drawings

Thaian N Ton thaiant at xxx.gov
Mon Apr 27 18:59:08 BST 1998

Listees,

Clarification on what i said last week, I feel, was sorely needed.

duke of harringay wrote :

> > dc-B&S:  anyone for the tibetan freedom concert june 13-14?  i just
> > have to
> > say: radiohead, rem, beck & pulp are playing.  only thing that seems to
> be missing is b&s.  do you
> > think
> > we could request them to get a little political for a good cause? ;)
>
> hmmm. do you think b& s are a-political? seems to me they are the most
> political band i've heard for many years, certainly WAY more political
> than all the other bands you mentioned...

i wasn't suggesting that b&s aren't political, nor was i suggesting they
are a-political-- i was merely suggesting that they could be political for
a good cause in this case.  Furthermore, i was not passing judgment on
whether any of the aforementioned bands, were political or not (and i
certainly wasn't comparing their political statements to b&s'); merely that
the cause for freedom of tibet is a political cause & the bands that are
involved are performing for a political cause.

all clear?

xoxo, thaian (wee chi chi)
 ***

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.
Even as the stone of the fruit must break, that its heart may stand in the
sun, so must you know pain.
And could you keep your heart in wonder at the daily miracles of your life,
your pain would not seem less wondrous than your joy;
And you would accept the seasons of your heart, even as you have always
accepted the seasons that pass over your fields.
And you would watch with serenity through the winters of your grief.
Much of your pain is self-chosen.
                                From "The Prophet", Kahlil Gibran

.             Ascolta, questo è pish, io sto andando lasciare