Sinister: Picnic fears 2

Nick Dastoor nickdastoor at xxx.com
Tue Apr 28 17:44:56 BST 1998

jim said:

>last time i went to primrose hill was one of the most fun times of my
>life
>- - post big pub sesh slegding february a couple of years ago
>marvellous.
>
>and its mentioned in sir Bragg's 'upfield'.  + prob in elvis cost's l's
>brill parade. only can't remeber.

And also in the fantastic "Primrose Hill" by Madness (from their 'Sgt
Pepper' , "The Rise And Fall").  I'm very pleased with myself for
having bought that album when I was nine.  Until about two weeks ago,
I thought it had one of the loveliest lines ever in "Although I've
never been there / I wish I was there still".  I grew up thinking it
was a beautifully nonsensical evocation of nostalgia for places and
times you've never experienced.  Then I realised that the 'still' bit
probably didn't refer to a desire for continuation of a past never
experienced, but was a pretty clumsy way of saying 'I wish I was there
nonetheless'.  So then it was all more logical and not so good. <sigh>

Thought: how about incorporating <sigh> into the next version HTML as
a logical tag?

Picnic thoughts:

I'm not scared of coming to the picnic because of not knowing anyone
anymore - thankyou for your kind words David.  However - I am scared
because of the weather.  Did you see the storms yesterday?  What if I
get struck down dead by lightning?

I have a large dog on wheels that I could bring along.  Then again
it's at my mum's and even I got her to bring it to London when she
visits this Saturday, I'd get into real trouble with my sisters if it
got struck by lightning or kidnapped by rowdy kids.

Nick
.             Ascolta, questo è pish, io sto andando lasciare