Sinister: boozer!

Johnston, John CT John.Johnston at xxx.uk
Wed Apr 29 16:56:39 BST 1998

>Anyone fancy a pint?

God yes, I'm having one of those days - Crisps as well, please.

I've been thinking about the picnics and I think we should have a
password when  we meet so that we know we are with the right people like
in spy movies. I'm sure on the day in fact it will be obvious who the
Sinister lot are - we'll be the gorgeous ones with cheerleaders and
marching bands, oh and some belle and sebastian t-shirts. But I still
think a hidden codeword would add some spice, and a further frisson of
excitement to the occasion.

So when you siddle up to someone outside the tube say this...

"Escucha, esto es pish?"

and if you are a sinisterine turn to them and give them a sombre "Si,
pish". And we're away!!! Of course if they look like your from the dark
side of the moon try and carry off a dazed language student character -
say something like "Por Favor..henna tattoo???". Good luck

I was thinking of this after a bloke came up to me on the platform at
Hammersmith station today and said, rather forcefully, "Oi - are you on
medication??". "Not yet" I said (being inadvertantly funny I later
thought). "Well why are you talking to yourself?". I told him I was
learning the lines from a play I'm in and he seemed a bit disapointed.

Ho and if you will, hum

Scary-cheese-stick John

.             Slushetye, eto pish - ya seberaus uyehat