Sinister: breaking into the shell

PKHINTZ PKHINTZ at xxx.com
Wed Apr 29 21:28:25 BST 1998

A certain Stuart G. wrote about his drunken stripping and this:

<<But anyway, one of the other people saw me
and said "That's not the kind of behaviour you expect from someone in a
Belle and Sebastian T-Shirt." I'm not quite sure what he did expect, maybe
for all B&S fans to be really quiet and sober at all times or something.>>

	After the "picnic" in New York was finished (we can all pretend that we
frolicked in the sun and meadows but we know what really happened), Megan and
I were walking back to her abode when she mentioned something rather similar.
She said that one might expect Belle and Sebastian fans to be introverted, shy
types, but the Sinisterines she had met were quite extroverted.  Then she
added, except you, Matthew--you're introverted.  I was so upset at that last
part, I went home and wrote a sad poem about the experience.  I would post it
to the list, but I am just too shy to share that type of personal pain--but I
have no qualms talking about it.  (If you must know, the poem was inspired by
Ari's Morrissey impression.  It is about sad clowns that ride bicycles in the
rain while holding black lilies.)

	I won't tell which parts of this are true--I have to go write another poem
about this experience.  I will draw butterflies in the margins of my notebook
paper.

			Living and loving--and laughing all the way home ;-)
						Matthew
.             Slushetye, eto pish - ya seberaus uyehat