Sinister: all you lovely, sinister people...

Boodle Boodle Boodle C.Browning-95 at xxx.uk
Wed Apr 29 22:31:18 BST 1998

hello people

i've been back for about a week now since my beastly dissertation has been
finaly put to death. to be honest since its been handed in i suddenly have
lots of time on my hands and not so much stuff to do with it. so i've been a
tad depressed really - so i rejoined the mailing list! actually i joined lots
of mailig lists - robyn hitchcock, xtc, teenage fanclub and beth orton - just
so i look really popular whenever i check my e.mails.

and i have come to a conclusion. other lists may have more deep philosophicla
conversations or musings on politics and life, but none of them *not one* of
them are as nice as you lot are. i mean they are all nice bods and all that
and i have only just been musing the delights of krazy kat with the fegmaniax
list. but sinister is teh only list i get the impression from that you
actually care for each other. i look forward to reading these e.mails. i love
it when someone tells me that they have a crush on a girl but are too shy to
tell them or whatever - because i live these things too. i wish i could go to
the london picnic cos i tell you people without meaning to get all dewey eyed
you are all (and especially one person who has been most kind in listening to
my ramblings - yuou know who you are :-) !!) this is such a wonderfullist to
be on. occasionally you might get in strops with each other and scrap and
whatever but oh i dunno. i just like it lots here. i'll miss it at teh end of
june..

whoever it was that was saying that all belle and sebastian fans should be
fragile wallflowers and whatever. it ain't true really. b&s may be a quiet
band but what grabs me about them is their vividness. the songs speak, they
unfurl - as soon as i heard fox in the snow i had an image. and not of a fox
either. maybe these images are different for different people but it shows
that b&s are a band that make people feel *passionately* about them. a band
that doesn't insult your intelligence - but inspires you to use it.

i'm a rambling. but basically i want to say thanks. i can be a bit manic by
nature my moods swinging from tree to tree like whatever but i know i will
always smile when i read a sinister e.mail.

sorry i've gone on! hope you didn't mind me all just waffling on. i don't
e.mail much so humour me when i do! i'm off to make some toast..

thanks again people!

chris
.             Slushetye, eto pish - ya seberaus uyehat