Sinister: boozer!

DNHarper DNHarper at xxx.com
Wed Apr 29 22:32:20 BST 1998

In a message dated 4/29/98 12:02:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
John.Johnston at capgemini.co.uk writes:

>  >Anyone fancy a pint?

yeeees... please, and thank you....

>  God yes, I'm having one of those days - Crisps as well, please.
>
>  I've been thinking about the picnics and I think we should have a

	so have i... it seems that i missed the NYC one.... it was raining, you
know.... you sinister people are wall to wall tough if you were able to stand
out in the rain in central park for god knows how long and chat up
whatever..... And today is such an excellent picnic sort of day... warm,
bright clear.... there wouldn't happen to be any sort of plans afoot to do it
again? maybe out here in brooklyn?

>  I was thinking of this after a bloke came up to me on the platform at
>  Hammersmith station today and said, rather forcefully, "Oi - are you on
>  medication??". "Not yet" I said (being inadvertantly funny I later
>  thought). "Well why are you talking to yourself?". I told him I was
>  learning the lines from a play I'm in and he seemed a bit disapointed.

	This reminds me of an incident that happened when I was in london, back when
i was an undergrad.... i had just finished the day at an internship, and went
staggering out the door and down to a nearby pub. I was worn out. Shirt
untucked, hair in different directions.... So, I propped myself up by the bar,
and ordered a half of something or another.... empty stomach, and lo tolerance
and all... Well, these two burly beef-eatin'  workers came in, grabbed their
hearty pints of lager and started hitting the sauce. A few minutes passed. One
looked my way and said "Oi! Are you a lesbian, then?"

	I am not a lesbian. In fact, i am not even a woman. I was what you could call
"stunned." I finally uttered a no, no i'm not... and they were rather
suprised, to say the least... one said "SO you're a bloke then... where's your
beard?" and the other asked where in america i was from.  I answered that A) i
shaved that morning, and B) Delawaren, and they just sorta nodded in disbelief
of my nonlesbianness and Delawarian residence and eyed me for the rest of the
very very very brief period i remained in that establishment.

	Back to the land of the lurkers.

	Derek
.             Slushetye, eto pish - ya seberaus uyehat