Sinister: Picnics and things

afoley at xxx.com afoley at xxx.com
Thu Apr 30 10:59:42 BST 1998

Hello all you lovely lovelies,
Just read the last few digests and some interesting or should that be confusing
words therein...

Someone said that the NYC picnic didn't happen due to rain, then someone else said
that it did and about 45 people turned up - that's a bloody good showing, but then
again quite a few of you listees are across the ocean in the US of A, I suppose...
Well, even if it was raining,there's no need to abandon the idea totally, why not
take a leaf out of our Glasgow friends' book and just go and get pissed in a
nearby pub, err, I mean bar, and have a laugh or two??
On second thoughts, I don't even know why I'm suggesting this because I'm not in
the USA and am far too shy to go to the London picnic, I really am painfully shy
you know.  Besides which apart from having to go to work early on Tuesday, St
Etienne are playing here on the Monday night, and I'm still toying with the idea
of going to that gig, but I'm not too sure.  I'm also very indecisive, I think.

And what's all this talk of Hopkirk and Lee, the only Hopkirk I know used to be
with Randall and he was deceased anyway......

Why are people mentioning the Housemartins again? They don't need rediscovering
because they were a complete pile of doggy do's - that bloody happy hour song, so
bloody irritatingly catchy.  Why is it so many irritating songs are so catchy?  I
even find myself, sin of all sins, humming along to those damn Spice Girls from
time to time - sorry Roddddddddddddddddd, I know you love 'em, but they just get
reet on me tits!  Back on the housmartins thing again, that norman cook bloke who
played bass(?) doesn't he go under that slimboy fatty name tag now?
I believe he was involved with Cornershops Brimful of irritating ashtrays, but
have you heard that new one about sleeping on the left side?  It uses the bass
line from that Beats International cover of the SOS bands Just Be good to me - Dub
Be Good to Me, which aint surprising really cos that Norman Cook bloke used to be
in them aswell.  He gets around doesn't he!?!

And did someone mention G Love and Special Sauce???? Yes?  Goodo, I haven't heard
the new(ish) album, but I've got the blue one from 1994 and that was great, in
fact I must dig it out again and give it a play, oo err.

Off to see Feeder tonight at the Astoria, hopefully it will be good.

I may just settle for a picnic in my backgarden on Monday as I can't travel too
far on bank Holidays, something to do with the amount of alcohol I consume on Bank
Holiday weekends.......

Anyway, that's it for now, take care y'all and have fun.

Ady

>Crackout.     rock music.

PS - Hello to J.M. Taylor.  Are you Jim and don't I know you from somewhere.....?

.             Slushetye, eto pish - ya seberaus uyehat