Sinister: So, stop thinking so much about love and start thinking more about colours?

Rory Mackie babyblu at xxx.uk
Thu Apr 30 12:36:44 BST 1998

Another listee wrote about feeling intimidated/shy about coming to the
picnic. I know David has already gone over this manifold times, but I
just want point out something. WE ALL UNDERSTAND! We are all (I assume)
very different people but the one thing that we all have in common is
listening to and getting something special from Belle & Sebastian. A
band who deal almost exclusively in lovesongs to the misfits, the
outsiders, the dissapointed and the dreamers. Go back and listen to the
albums again, sit down in a comfy chair, maybe rustle up a cup of tea
and a bourbon and think to yourself, 'how can people who recognise
themselves in these emotions so much that they make the effort to mail
in, make web pages, organise picnics etc.. possibly be nasty!' It's a
foregone conclusion. We like you already.
 Much the same goes for the Blue Soda social. The idea of this is that
it's going to be like a fantastic party at your best friend's house
(except that hopefully, after the pubs shut we won't get gatecrashed by
a group of hard lads who look like East 17 and monopolise the stereo
playing nosebleed Techno and shooting murderous glances at anyone who
approaches them). The poetry cafe is a snug little nook with lovely
Laura ashley sofas, everyone there will be dead friendly and
approachable and they have KERPLUNK! So come...

 Oh and Cappadonna and the Wu-Tang clan are a bunch of wussies because
they run a beauty salon (true!) and they let that bint out of Texas
destroy one of their tracks. Second generation East Coast Hip-Hop
rules:- Gangstarr, EPMD, Main Source, PE, Eric & Rakim, Brand Nubian and
of course the original, the master:- Parappa the Rappa.

 Stay Lucky, Rory xxx

 P.S. Friday night will be the 42nd time I've seen Gregory's Girl. Is
this healthy?
.             Slushetye, eto pish - ya seberaus uyehat