Sinister: Tales of Preston.....

Sarah sarah at xxx.uk
Thu Apr 30 16:40:10 BST 1998

...or, Sarahs guide to making a tit out of yourself in front of people
you haven't met before

I got to Preston bus station at about 5 to six, the plan was to be
meeting the delactable Tim H!O!P!kins there at 10 past. AS I was walking
poast the Manchester stop, I see some who I think looks a tad familair.
So, what do i do?

"Excuse me, are you Tim Hopkins?"
Look a bit closer to see if I m sure?

NO. i have to go

"hi are you the guy i'm looking for?"

mr man" um, no ....um...." (looks scared)

well, then it turns out that this IS Tim, so off we head into town to
try and get some food! For our PRESTON PICNIC, I had two bourbon
biscuits and 2 hula hoops, and Meester Teem had gone to M&S to buy
butties and pop, and we ate them on one of the strangely shaped picker-
nick tables in Winkley Square! While there, we derided the entire human
race on the basis of the NME STYLE guide, discussed various manners of
music, and ate our picker-nick butties with much gusto!

We then made our way to the stormin' Preston Adelphi. And as soon as we
get there, one of us see's people they know. Would it be Sarah, the girl
who is in Preston every day? NO! Again, Tim shows himself up to be a
socialite of some repute by knowing more people there then I do! Tis
fine, they are nice, though one person decided he would tell me to watch
out as another girl wanted me to work in her ferret factory...i said
that was perfectly fine as i happened to love ferrets, and this guy goes
DARN! and runs off....leaving me somewhat confused...

Anyway fast forward ---> after getting perhaps the last 2 tickets for
the gig, we wandered off upstairs to see Electric Sound Of Joy. Hmm.
*wonders* Perhaps Electric Sound of Boredom? The Sinister duet decided
to move downstairs again, and block the bar, discuss reggae and vinyl,
and reggae vinyls....Tim tells about his hiphop past, I say proudy that
I have one Wu-Tang single and that will do me for now....and luckily the
hip-hop wars are not relived!

We see Monkey Boy downstairs...and decide to go back upstairs....as my
back is killing me, I need to sit down! I silently choked as I walked in
as I had never seen teh Adelphi jammed as such, so I think I snaked
through the people, and sat on the stage resting on the speaker thing.
Completely in the way, jolly fun!

And HoneyPaul! Your mission was carried out. Unlike SOME people too
afraid to say this, *i* informed Aidan of your message.... as he was
wandering past me to go and "take pictures of naked birds pissing" i was
pushed by SOMEONE into him, and thus shouted in his ear "hey Stuart
Murdoch pissed himself at your DISGRACE TO FALKIRK article", and Aidan
laughs and goes summat like "Disgrace to Flakirk thank you thats us" and
i turn round, and with complete dignity say "mission accomplished". Or
something. :)

AS Da Strap were perviously engaged, the gig did not start as planned
therfore due to having to catch last buses, The Daring Sinister Duo take
their leave of the Adelphi, and wander their way through the deserted
streets of Preston to the bus station, leap on respective buses, and hie
their way home :)

Due to a little alcohol imbibment by me, I kind of fall asleep-ish on
the bus the way home, and today I write with a bad case of the flu!
Hangover faded after I filled myself up with drugs, now I just have the
"not stopping coughing" thing, and teh who drank all the lemsips look.

TO make this better, guess what! I got an email from an old mate through
telling me i have an interview with 60 FOOT DOLLS!!! ooooh....i'm off
back to bed......

So monsuier tim what does thou think? :)
I'M GOING NOW BYE!!!!!!
Sarah

" fotherington thomas who does lark around saying hello trees hello flowers. he
is a wet and a weed and i shun him utterly"
                         http://www.elsato97.demon.co.uk

.             Slushetye, eto pish - ya seberaus uyehat