Sinister: songs that you shouldn´t like!

Kimberly Rivas-Plata krivas at xxx.gov
Thu Apr 30 18:45:36 BST 1998

Antonio wrote:

>Do you like any song(s) that you think you probably shouldn´t like but just
>can´t help yourself ?

YES! It's horrible! And I'm not sure how it happens either. I won't even
begin to mention what songs those are for fear of being flamed, though a
few bands like Ocean Colour Scene and Def Leppard spring to mind.

What's even worse is when you catch yourself singing along to songs you
don't even like that much. There's this classic rock station in the area
that I sometimes flip to in my car when I get sick of hearing Pearl Jam
and 311 for the ten-zillionth time. What's scary is that I can sing along
fairly well to most of these songs, and half the time I have no idea who
they're by or what the title is. Where the heck did I learn them in the
first place is what I want to know! I've never owned a Zepplin album in
my entire life yet I bet I can sing along to 90% of the songs!

On a more b&s related note....
I was up in the big apple this past weekend (didn't make the nyc picnic
cause of that yucky rain) and, of course, made an obligatory trip to the
Virgin Megastore to get the DOW ep and complete my collection! But just
as I was searching for the "Belle & Sebastian" tab in the "B" section,
this other girl reached in front of me, started rifling through it, pulled
out the last DOW and started looking at it! I nearly screamed! Here I had
come all the way from DC that morning and this girl snatched my glorious
prize right out from under me. So I looked at her pleading-like and
said that I had intended on purchasing it first and so could I have it
please. She gave it to me without a grudge - lucky for her cause my next
ploy would have been to threaten her to relinquish it and if that didn't
work to bop her in the nose or something. (well, no, not really - I'm not
a very violent person actually. I'm all bark and no bite) Geez, what a
person has to go thru to get a cd nowadays!

In the end I had a pleasant conversation with her about b&s and the list
and the picnics and all. So maybe there'll be a new nyc listee soon....

ttfn,
kim

.             Slushetye, eto pish - ya seberaus uyehat