Sinister: the first and the last and the happy

Stuart stuart at xxx.uk
Sat Aug 1 14:52:44 BST 1998

Well, I have been been subscribing to this list for about two weeks now and
I thought it only polite to make some sort of an introduction........

I'm christine and am a mere (or hefty depending on your view) 21 years old
and am living in smoggy Bristol right now, but 2 out of three of these facts
are certain to change in at least the next twelve months.

The *first* Belle and Sebastian song I ever heard was 'Judy and her dream of
horses' about two years ago. My boyfriend had heard some stuff on the radio
and bought the album. This was shortly followed by me walking in when he was
listening to it and getting excited and squeaky.
B&S then became one of the more romantic aspects of our relationship along
with castles, trees, hot air balloons and our life.  So when I started
nosing around for info about any gigs and stuff, I was delighted to stumble
across this list and even more delighted to get tickets for myself and
Richard on the 7th in London.
 I would imagine that there are quite a few of you going and it would be
good to meet some of you. I always find it quite odd to meet people who have
heard any B&S stuff, let alone get quite enthusiastic about it.

The *last* time I heard B&S was at The Zone,a club  in Swansea. They played
'me and the major'. If anyone knows how dark and scarey the Zone is,  you
might understand how excited we got. Has anyone ever heard them in an even
more unexpected place????

Apart from Richard and B&S, I also like, Labyrinth, Audrey Hepburn, Caramel
Shortcake, cats and the sea. I like other stuff too, but this is all I would
like people to generalise about!
Anyway, I hope this hasn't been too dull and pathetic to read, I just get a
bit too passionate about the things I like.  But I'd like to know what sort
of people are on this list.......

love and logs,
Christine ( and not stuart who owns this email account)

. >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
.     >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
.                      Nee, nee mun pish etc.