Sinister: Re: Hefner

jon g. jon.g at xxx.com
Sun Aug 2 09:53:59 BST 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul et. al. <oel at xxx.com>
To: sinister at majordomo.net <sinister at majordomo.net>
Date: 01 August 1998 23:50

>        anyways, this band Hefner; id been hearing about how good thy are
on
>the pavement mailing list [which ive just left cause it's so bitchy right
>now- :. i joind this list] and now i hear on here that stuart m is in the
>band- on the record. so the question is, are they realy that good? how do
>they rate with B&S? simillar? different?

They're not much like B&S really.  At all.  But I think they're good.  I
like the lp 'breaking god's heart'.  Anyway, I can't describe it.  But
they're not like B&S.  But you still might like them.  I do.  Whatever.

Stuart M did something on the record.  Someone said it was a mighty organ or
something.  In the sleevenotes, which I am sure are meant to be like an Ink
Polaroid, they say: "Stuart Murdoch also managed to pop by and lend his
hands."  and then "thanks to........Richard from B+S (who lent us drum
parts)"

So there you go.

My question:  does anyone know where the Marcus Garvey centre is in
Nottingham?

lots of love,
jon g. [just got back from 2 weeks in wales and it was scorching!  honest]
jon.g at btinternet.com - http://surf.to/jongandbethey

  >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
      >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
                       Nee, nee mun pish etc.