Sinister: WHO dunnit?

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Mon Aug 3 10:34:31 BST 1998

I wonder why the WHO never used that as an album title? It's got HIT written
all over it. Anyway, after a pleasant few days of sunflowers and storks,
coaldust and clergymen, not to mention a tragically fruitless shepherd
search, it was very nice to come home to a brand new competition of the
fiendishly difficult variety, and the deeply satisfying news that Keith
walked to work listening to Ash Ra Tempel and McRagTag has funked up all
over his duvet.

First of all, the shepherd news: He was nowhere to be found, but I did a bit
of detective work. He recently set his slavering pack of huge mastiffs on a
little puppy-wuppy; he's got a proper house; he's got goats, not sheep; and
six-year-old Mikel doesn't know who on earth I'm talking about.

Now, my favourite subject: The WHO - the reason David Moore didn't see the
nearly nudie woman or the Keith Moon vocal extravaganza is because it was a
different concert. The one on the video is from 1974, which accounts for the
vastly superior fashion sense of the crowd. It was on BBC 2. But the 1976
one is/was in the Guiness Book of Records as the loudest concert of all
time! Needless to say, I heartily approve. Apparently it was one of the best
concerts they ever did, so lucky old David.

The inevitable B&S content: It would seem that numerous dubious journalists
on the list have alreadt received their copies of the new B&S LP. My
question is this - did it come with a typically charming press release
written by a memeber of the band? If so, could someone send it to the list?
Please and thank you.

Peter - a slipperslapping, weeweesyphoning, trouserwetting,
own-nipple-erecting,poohpoohplopping, tiddlywinking,
motherhelping, fairycakebaking, littlekittenrescuing,
MarksandSpencershopping, supermarket-trollyreturning,
politelyapplauding, potteryappreciating useful member of society.
pjmiller at arrakis.es

  >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
      >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
                       Nee, nee mun pish etc.