Sinister: WHO dunnit?

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Mon Aug 3 15:22:04 BST 1998

>Now, my favourite subject: The WHO - the reason David Moore didn't see the
>nearly nudie woman or the Keith Moon vocal extravaganza is because it was a
>different concert. The one on the video is from 1974, which accounts for
the
>vastly superior fashion sense of the crowd. It was on BBC 2. But the 1976
>one is/was in the Guiness Book of Records as the loudest concert of all
>time! Needless to say, I heartily approve. Apparently it was one of the
best
>concerts they ever did, so lucky old David.

Indeed you speak the truth, and would explain how he did not hear the Keith
Moon rendition of the shouty bit in Bell Boy. It's indeed ace - he has
trouble keeping hold of the microphone whilst banging all the drums at once,
it's well cool. I'd say that whole period was the WHO in their prime, and
indeed one of the best all round records by the WHO would have to be the
mid-seventies compilation record "Odds and Sods" which was my bosses first
ever record (he went to see the WHO in 1976 too, but in Parkhead). I know
this seems weird with it being a record made up of outtakes and stuff, but
it is completely brilliant.

    On the same tip, I bought "Get yer Ya-Ya's out" by the Rolling Stones
the other day, from Fopp for a fiver, and it's class too, from their golden
concert period, the Stones rock the house, my favourite bit being where Mick
tells the crowd that he's burst a button in his trousers, and he says he'd
better sort it, cause the crowd wouldn't want to see his trousers fall down.
Actually, that's not the best bit, but it is the funniest. The amazing
renditions of Midnight Rambler and Sympathy for the Devil do the trick for
me. I also got Hot Chocolate's greatest hits which is funky as fuck.

    Right, better get back to work then... sound it's the Brothers Johnson
on the radio.

    Cheers,
        Keith.

  >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
      >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
                       Nee, nee mun pish etc.