Sinister: Where in the World is..."Maryhill Community Hall"?

Shearer, Calumn Calumn.Shearer at xxx.uk
Mon Aug 3 18:02:04 BST 1998

Answer: In Maryhill, of course!

For all those from "forn parts" e.g. Edinburgh, Dundee etc.

You can get to Glasgow by Bus (to Buchanan Street, usually every half
hour 'till late)
or by Train (Central Station's the big one - but there's also Queen
Street)
or indeed you can go by 'Plane or Helicopter (if you've got a
helicopter, can I go to the gig in it too, please!)

Maryhill is a district on the North side of the River Clyde, near
Firhill (home of Partick Thistle Nil FC) and the River Kelvin

The Community Hall's actually on Maryhill road (MAJOR road - everyone
you ask should be able to point it out, unless their forn too)
opposite Napiershall Street and next to a large car dealer's (Jaguar, I
think?).
You really can't miss it (honest!)

You can get to the Hall via Napiershall Street from Great Western Road
too, (another MAJOR road on that side of the Clyde) but it's not really
too near the hall. (5 minute walk, but I'm terminally lazy!)

The nearest tube station is St. Georges Cross, and from there it's just
a brisk 10 minute walk up Maryhill road.

We could arrange a picnic, or indeed  a "pub picnic" and go en-masse, if
anyone's up for it?

I'm off to find a map that'll explain things a bit better than my
strangulated vocabulatry can handle. ;)
Oh, yeah - and it's _way_ past home time!

TTFN

cal

  >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
      >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
                       Nee, nee mun pish etc.