Sinister: How Go Glasgow?

Suzanne Schroeder suzsch at xxx.net
Tue Aug 4 04:23:15 BST 1998

> Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 17:08:04 +0100
> From: Katrina House <a-and-r at xxx.uk>
> Subject: Re: Sinister: Glasgow gigs
>
> hello people,
>
> by jeeves, this is difficult ...
>
> someone wrote:
>
> > Ok, can anyone tell me how you get to this place where the gigs are on?
And
> > what time they'll finish? And will i be able to get back to Edinburgh
> > afterwards?
>
> aren't there all night coaches running between glasgow and edinburgh?
> 'scuse my ignorance if this isn't the case though ... no info re onstage
> times or other bands playing or anything ... as it's a charity gig i
> think it's a case of just buy your tickets and go.

It seems like when I was over there, coaches between Edinbrough and Glasgow
ran often, very cheap (6 quid off peak return trip), but even i can't
remember how late they ran.  I think they do, but even so, finding a youth
hostel shouldn't be a biggie.

> tickets are 5 pounds each and are on sale now from John Smiths in Byres
> Road, Glasgow IN PERSON ONLY!

That's near the University towards great western road.  Not far from a
Safeway.....sorry for pointless info, but I remember Byres Road being a bit
long, and I do it for those who are as bad at finding their way around as I
am.

Hey, everybody, I'm listening to this CD by this new band called the
Beatles.  I think it's called White Town or White album or something.
Doesn't anyone think if they had eliminated the filler on this album it
would have been as good as Sgt. Peppers?

Number 9.....Number 9.....Number 9.....Number 9.....Number 9......

I think I like the Simpsons version better when Barney belches after every
"Number 9"

Here's a question:  have people managed to wrangle their favorite B&S
album/EP out of the CD player long enough to experience the effects?
What's it like?  For me, i think about it, but I think Dog On Wheels has
been in my rotation bin....about 4 months...long enough.

ss.
  >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
      >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
                       Nee, nee mun pish etc.