Sinister: Seven Years of Plenty

Cassell Professional Publishing d.barker at xxx.uk
Tue Aug 4 15:15:57 BST 1998

Apologies for bringing a commercial to the list, but I thought you all might
like to know about a cool book we're publishing in October. I've just been
reading the proofs today (instead of working), and it's a cracker.

It's called

Seven Years of Plenty: A Handbook of Irrefutable Pop Greatness, 1991-1998

by Ben Thompson

and basically it covers good music throughout the nineties. Criminally,
there is only one reference to Belle and Sebastian (in the piece about Arab
Strap), but we'll have to ignore that.

There are chapters on

Blur, Pavement, Air, Gorky's, Smog, Beck, Massive Attack, Pulp, Cornershop,
Lambchop, Teenage Fanclub, Suede, Take That, Spice Girls, Tricky, Beastie
Boys, and much much more.

Anyway, it'll be in the shops in October, it will cost ten quid, and it's
got one of the coolest covers you'll ever see.

Considering that ninety nine per cent of what we publish here is crud, it's
all very exciting!

Lots of love,

DAVID

  >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
      >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
                       Nee, nee mun pish etc.