Sinister: The Cult of Sinister

Kimberly Rivas-Plata krivas at xxx.gov
Tue Aug 4 20:03:56 BST 1998

Funny, that Rich Connell should say:

Mysterious underground band? Intensely devoted following? Makes us sound like
fucking satanists (satin-ists more like)

Cause I've always had this notion that this mailing list seems a bit
"cult-ish" in
some respects, at least from an objective point of view anyway. I mean, besides
just being loyal fans, the good majority of us (and you know who you are!)  have
gone about "converting" other people into b&s listeners. Hey, I'm guilty of it
myself.  Maybe that's not so unusual, but what IS somewhat curious is the zeal
that this list has for converting their friends and relations into b&s
fans. I can
remember several listees joyously reporting that they had successfully
made yet another "convert,"  and then tallying their convert count.

hmm......sounds kinda suspicious to me. Next thing you know we'll all be in
airports selling flowers for a dollar, living in VW vans (or city buses rather),
and saying things like: "Brother, have you heard the new gospel according
to Stuart M.?"  yeah well, just a thought....

ttfn,
Kim

  >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
      >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
                       Nee, nee mun pish etc.