Sinister: Smith & Paris

Stephane Buron sburon at xxx.fr
Tue Aug 4 19:03:43 BST 1998

Hi sinisterians!

Louise Davies wrote:
> can't wait - especially as i hear elliott smith is supporting them.

I couldnt believe my eyes when I read this in Katrina's mail... It's
simply wonderful... I cant wait anymore. I have to go to Leeds NOW!!!
Unfortunately, I still havent received the gig tickets (I've juste
received the tickets for the Nottingham concert ; I hope there will be
no problem for the first one..)

> my boyfriend and i are going to paris this weekend and wonder if anyone
> could recommend any good record shops, gigs, etc.  any advice would be
> greatly appreciated.

Well, I'll send this to the list because I guess some of you could go to
Paris since most of you are on holidays, and not only Louise. There is
not much to do in Paris in August, except wandering in the streets,
eating ice-creams, sitting at terraces, walking near the Seine... I
could have advised you to go to one of the finest pop pubs in Paris, but
it will be closed till the end of august... And there are not many gigs
in Paris (there are some during festivals, but that's almost all...).
Anyway, you can buy records in various shops as :
- Rough Trade, 30 rue de Charonne, Paris 11e (Metro station : Bastille).
I neednt explain what you can find there (go upstairs to find pop music)
- La FNAC : there are 4 or 5 FNAC in Paris, the best one as far as indie
pop is concerned is (well, it's only my opinion) the one on the Rue de
Rennes (Metro Montparnasse)
- If you want to find second hand records, you can visit the shops
around the Forum des Halles (Metro Chatelet) or even Crocodisc, rue des
Ecoles (just in front of the College de France, Metro Saint Michel or
Cluny Sorbonne) or Jussieu Musique (Metro Jussieu, promo copies and
second hand, rather cheap, try to find the pop shop on the rue de
Jussieu, near the station)

And if you ever happen to see someone with a Belle and Sebastian
tee-shirt (the yellow bus one) somewhere, it could be my girlfriend..
Just come and meet us!!!

Stephane

> ps - where are you meeting up after the gig?

Same question in Leeds and in Nottingham?
  >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
      >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
                       Nee, nee mun pish etc.