Sinister: Rumour

Mick McMick mick at xxx.com
Wed Aug 5 12:51:54 BST 1998

Euan Leitch wrote:
> He also said that the French lady creator of the cartoon B&S was not
> very happy about the use of her characters' names, and that they were
> possibly going to have to change the name of the Band.
>
> Is this true?  And if so any suggestions for an alternative?  For
> starters how about _Deacon Blue_?

	Eek! That would be horrible. I've always loved Belle & Sebastian's
name. But, this couldn't be 100% true, as the cartoon borrowed its name
& plotline (I think) from an old french serial. I guess the creator of
the serial could be angry. Oh well.
	If they did change their name, I would think they should make a sly
little change, enough that you can tell it's the same band. Like
perhaps, La Belle Sebastian, or just Belle Sebastian. Some little play
on words like that.

 /"\_/"\_/"\    Mick McMick - mick at indiepop.com - ICQ#5056758
 \         /    Sandcastle Records - sandcastlerecords at indiepop.com
  |       |     Sandcastle Homepage - http://indiepop.com/sandcastle/
  |       |
  |       |     "Everyone has their own cup of tea.
  |       |          Some just happen to like a lot of sugar in it!"
  |       |               - Me!
  >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
      >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
                       Nee, nee mun pish etc.