Sinister: Tusk

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Wed Aug 5 13:38:19 BST 1998

> Eek! That would be horrible. I've always loved Belle & Sebastian's
>name. But, this couldn't be 100% true, as the cartoon borrowed its name
>& plotline (I think) from an old french serial. I guess the creator of
>the serial could be angry. Oh well.

> If they did change their name, I would think they should make a sly
>little change, enough that you can tell it's the same band. Like
>perhaps, La Belle Sebastian, or just Belle Sebastian. Some little play
>on words like that.

It is that woman who seems a spot unchuffed, although I doubt it'll come to
anything. Hopefully not, it is a nice name, I'm surprised you can copyright
something as generic as two names in a row, I mean, can you legally define
the difference between John and Dave, or something - or Robson and Jerome,
Renee and Renato? Bob Carolgees and Spit the dog? I dunno. A subtle change
might work. Belle end Sebastian perhaps.  Belle end Semenstain maybe? I
wonder if she could actually take them to court over that issue, would Bel
and Sebastian be enough? Do we have any lawyers in the house?

Cheers,
    Keith.

  >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
      >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
                       Nee, nee mun pish etc.