Break Up Advice (was Re: Sinister: a quick survey -Reply)

Brandt S. Fundak bfundak at xxx.net
Wed Aug 5 19:14:56 BST 1998

Christ, this thread is a downer.  I just couldn't resist.

At 10:44 AM 8/5/98 -0800, Arthur Chan wrote:

>Here in California, I am sitting at my computer at work
>trying to get my mind off of my girlfriend who just broke
>up with me (of 1 1/2 years).  Depression is a better place
>than I am at now.  It probably doesn't help litening to
>"Seeing Other People" on my CD player right now.  The
>time is 10:39AM Wednesday, August 5th.  Weather:
>Dreadfully prozac sunny.
>Can any of you fellow hipsters support me with any
>words of encouragment?

I don't know how encouraging this will be, but it will eventually lead to
more healthy emotional balance.  I say for right now, lay low and wallow in
self pity for the next couple of months. If you have some sort of emotional
response, run with it--anger, sadness, depression, you name it, play it up.
 It's bound to bring sympathy from friends and family.  Let this last as
long as you feel you need to.  Then when you think you are ready for a new
relationship and that you are over your ex, go out with the first person
that comes along.  It doesn't matter who it is, because you won't be ready,
and you'll end up breaking up with that person anyway.  Use that
relationship to get the bad juju out and to fine tune how you'd like your
next relationship to be.  Give yourself a few months alone after that,
remembering to drink heavily during that time and then, when you least
expect it, someone good will pop up and you'll forget old what's-her-name,
no matter how bad she hurt you.

This may seem completely callous and cruel, but I think we've all
experienced it.  Having been on the receiving end, yes it is painful, but
hey, they'll get over it in time too.

Life isn't pretty.

Brandt

"It's like a magic unicorn came into your house and farted springtime."

				--Johnny Bluejeans
  >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
      >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
                       Nee, nee mun pish etc.