Sinister: How go Glasgow?

Suzanne Schroeder suzsch at xxx.net
Thu Aug 6 00:48:18 BST 1998

> Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 20:29:30 -0000
> From: "Cires" <cires at xxx.uk>
> Subject: Re: Sinister: How Go Glasgow?
>
> HiYa,

Byres
> >> Road, Glasgow IN PERSON ONLY!
> >
> >That's near the University towards great western road.  Not far from a
> >Safeway.....sorry for pointless info, but I remember Byres Road being a
bit
> >long, and I do it for those who are as bad at finding their way around
as I
> >am.
>

> Isn't it right next to the underground, just down the road from Fopp and
> across from Echo.
> You see, I do all my navigation by record shops <g>

Yes!  That big circular thing that smells of pish.  I must have had a black
out in my brain about that one detail.  That's 100 times easier to find
than my directions.  Just follow the smell....

> >Hey, everybody, I'm listening to this CD by this new band called the
> >Beatles.  I think it's called White Town or White album or something.
> >Doesn't anyone think if they had eliminated the filler on this album it
> >would have been as good as Sgt. Peppers?
> >
> >Number 9.....Number 9.....Number 9.....Number 9.....Number 9......
> >
> >I think I like the Simpsons version better when Barney belches after
every
> >"Number 9"
>

> WHAT! 'Kin great track.....'kin great album...no fillers on there m8y.

heh heh.  Well, a few of the tracks make no sense to me.

Wow, (to change the subject for no reason) I had the weirdest dream.  Does
anyone else have dreams that go on when you wake up once and then fall back
to sleep?  I had this one where a cop was chasing me all over the place.
He had it in his mind that I needed to be taken back to my normal way of
life, but I was running like hell even when he had his gun pulled on me!
He chased me through people's back yards, a mall, etc.

> Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 12:55:40 +0100
> From: "Shearer, Calumn" <Calumn.Shearer at xxx.uk>
> Subject: RE: Sinister: Rumour
>
> I heard "Fox in the Snow" as part of "The Lunchtime Social"'s Mix tape
> section on Radio 1, yesterday...
> It's funny, how you're just listening away to the background music, and
> suddenly "hey, that's belle and sebastian" - kinda perks you up a bit?
> or is it just me....

Yes!  Had the same experience sitting in my car.  Was a dull day driving
about town stuck in traffic and getting caught at every single red light
with the radio on.  I had it turned to the public station and my all time
favorite "the state I am in"  came on!    Made me glad I was in traffic for
once and not in the store I needed to be in listening to the dance station.

> RE: ban(ne)d names, How about "Arizona" - as a tribute to "Texas", or
> "Arab Strap" - You should always have an album/song  title with the band
> name in it...     ;)

Yes!  Arab Strap II:Electric Boogaloo

> Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 16:51:57 +0100
> From: Ian Turton <buffalo at xxx.uk>
> Subject: Sinister: Fighting flames with a boredom blanket
>
> The Beatles produced so much material, some of it was bound to be shite.
> To extrapolate from this and say that the band themselves were shit and
> would seem a wee bit harsh. I still can't stop singing the opening to
> 'She Loves You' out loud (ish) when it comes on the radio. And, of
> course, they did other sweet thangs ....

Well, the rumors of me saying they are shit are unfounded.  I enjoy Sgt.
Peppers and many of their other singles.  However, since they were so
prolific, and at that point in their careers, they really didn't need to
censor themselves too much, yes, some of it just doesn't go down well.
They could have released the recorded sounds of their hangovers after a
world cup match and it would have sold millions.
That's my theory on Oasis.  I consider them  a parody on the Beatles since
the Beatles looked too scarily harmonious and enjoyed each other's company
so much that they began to dress like one another and go sledding together.

s.s.
  >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
      >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
                       Nee, nee mun pish etc.