Sinister: Tusk

MWaggner at xxx.com MWaggner at xxx.com
Thu Aug 6 03:27:59 BST 1998

> Hopefully not, it is a nice name, I'm surprised you can copyright
>  something as generic as two names in a row, I mean, can you legally define
>  the difference between John and Dave, or something - or Robson and Jerome,
>  Renee and Renato? Bob Carolgees and Spit the dog? I dunno

Someone recently told me that Leonard Cohen's son (is it Adam?) has
copyrighted his name... so another performer named Adam Cohen had to change
his name before his record could come out.  I'm not sure if this is true, or
if Leonard Cohen even *has* a son... but hey, it's what I heard, so I thought
I'd share.

As for alternate names -- could this really be the Belle and Semenstain list?
I don't know if sweet innocent Honey could stomach that...

Arthur Chan asked:
<Can any of you fellow hipsters support me with any
<words of encouragment?

My friend's mother used to say, "Boys are like streetcars, there's always
another one coming along" to cheer us out our our break-up doldrums.  Yeah, we
used to say "Fuck that" to ourselves in reply as well and go off and cry
hysterically for varying periods of time.  But, I send it along in her memory,
sarcastic bitter woman she was.

I could tie those two paragraphs together, but I won't.

--simone/michele
  >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
      >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
                       Nee, nee mun pish etc.