Sinister: Artist's sons, football and computer names

Michael Michael.Barrett at xxx.com
Thu Aug 6 15:47:35 BST 1998

Hi, list people.  I'm a bit bored, so I'm going to write a wee email to pass
the time.

When I started in this work about a year ago all the computers were named
after Star Trek planets (not everyone is sad, just one bloke that started it
off).  Whenever I have to reinstall one of my machines (we use NT so this
happens regularly) I try to start a new trend, always unsuccessfully.  I
have just given up on Bond girl names (complaining that Pussygalore had gone
down on me again was causing too many smutty remarks - the English sense of
humour is so purile).  Anyway, this morning I decided I'd try Belle and
Sebastian song titles.  So now, one of the machines under my desk is called
'DOG_ON_WHEELS'.

Artist's sons - Gill Scott Heron's dad was the first black footballer to
play in the UK - he played for Celtic some time many years ago, when they
still wore dead long shorts.

I've gathered that B&S are predominately a Glaswegian band - does anyone
know if they have any football preferences, and what they are?  Going on
past experience, bands with musical integrity tend to be tims (Primal
Scream, Texas, Rod Stuart, Del Ametri, Simple Minds), whereas Wet Wet Wet
are huns.

Anyway, I'm waiting for my (strictly analogue) copy of Tigermilk to arrive -
can't wait.

Will the tickets for the London gig be sold out yet?  I can't find a single
person down here who likes B&S, so I'm going to have to arrange to import
some mates from back home, but this may take time.

This is way too long.
Michael Barrett,
Broadcast R & D,
Advanced Technology Division,
SONY  Broadcast & Professional,
Basingstoke,  Hampshire,  RG22 4SB,  England.
E-mail: Michael.Barrett at adv.sonybpe.com
Tel: +44 (0)1256 483501,  Fax: +44 (0)1256 810950

  >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
      >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
                       Nee, nee mun pish etc.