Sinister: Leonard Cohen, bald boring bastard.

Ian Turton buffalo at xxx.uk
Thu Aug 6 16:30:07 BST 1998

Shearer, Calumn wrote:

> Has anyone seen / heard the soundtrack to "natural born killers"??
>         remember the Leonard Cohen song?
>                 with the "doo wap" backing singers?
>                         I think
> That's the _only_ decent song he's done...
> everything else is only good for clearing out bad parties..."got any
> leonard cohen - it's time to go home"

I can't work out whether Calumn is gentle satirising the earlier Beatles
posts, or really means it.

Anyway, let me have a go:

------
Has anyone heard 'Blind Willie McTell' by Bob Dylan ? Remember, the one
that mentions Blind Willie McTell ? With Bob Dylan singing on it. I think
it's good.

Yeah, but it's the *only* decent song he's done....
everything else is only good for clearing your debts ... "got any Bob Dylan
-  I've got the Russian mafia breathing down me keks"
--------

See, I've kept the pattern of picking an established and critically lauded
artist, mentioning one of their songs, then following it up with a patently
ridiculous generalisation.

Turt

ps. my flatmate had helpfully moved the container with my B & S tickets so
it 'wasn't in the way'. Had I found this out after the gig, I may have been
inclined to the same with his face. As it is, he lives.

  >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
      >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
                       Nee, nee mun pish etc.