Sinister: jeepster-news: looper single now in stock - merchandise news

david kitchen shop at xxx.uk
Thu Aug 6 17:21:14 BST 1998

as promised we now have 100 copies of the 'looper' 7" sub pop single in
stock.

just to recap this is stuart david's (belle and sebastian) side project
which features the a-side 'impossible things' and the b-side 'spaceboy
dream #3' (a different version of the similiarly titled song which is on
the forthcoming belle and sebastian album).

we are selling it at UKĀ£ 3.25 as we had to import it from the US. since
we've also done our own detective work and discovered that the single is
now unavailable through usual channels (including your local indie
shop), so this may be your last chance to own this limited piece of
vinyl.

this weeks NME (dated 8th august) has to say about the looper single;

"as advertised, there are loops; unexpectedly enough, these are almost
Daisy Aged. there is a clacking typewriter and stuart's voice telling
the tale of pen pals meeting up face to face for the first time. there
is also a flute, a wah-wahing guitar theme, and an alarming drum 'n'
bass interlude. even more bizarre, the b-side is like Arab Strap trapped
in the innards of an old synthesiser. on paper, it all sounds like the
mess of a desperate man lashing out against melody. on vinyl, it sounds
rather nice"

orders via the on-line shop at http://www.jeepster.co.uk/shop.htm or
request a catalogue to do it by snail mail (we'll need your address!).

--

an update on belle and sebastian t-shirts.

we still have none in stock, but don't despair, three new designs are
now in production in three sizes.

there will be a shirt for the two jeepster albums so far and then one
loosely connected to tigermilk (anyone recall the stow college
project?).

the best design in my opinion is for the new album. as soon as i have a
hard copy of this i'll let you all know - this may be only a week before
the album as the turnround for the shirts is four weeks.

NOTE: we will announce to the news/sinister lists the moment we have
these shirts. please do not mail me everyday till that point asking
what's hapenned to them, they are coming, and as usual you'll find out
first!

ALSO NOTE: i do not have  images of the designs or anything. so again,
please don't ask for them!

david kitchen

(growing tired, hoping my tone isn't too bad. still excited at the same
time at the prospects for the next two months - three albums from all
three bands! wow.)

     david kitchen : merchandising and websites : jeepster records

                         http://www.jeepster.co.uk/
                http://www.jeepster.co.uk/belleandsebastian/

                       mailto:shop at jeepster.co.uk

 jeepster recordings ltd, 217 canalot, 222 kensal road, london w10 5bn

       with the words 'subscribe news' in the body of the message
     there is no need to subscribe if you are on the 'sinister' list

of the message

Any problems? mailto:shop at jeepster.co.uk
  >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
      >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
                       Nee, nee mun pish etc.