Sinister: ben folds and general whingeing

Tara Widmer TWidmer at xxx.com
Thu Aug 6 21:15:02 BST 1998

<<Ben Folds (of the five..) has been known to say in interviews that he's a
huge fan of Belle and Sebastian>>

yeah and someone gave yes GAVE the lucky bastard an original copy of
"Tigermilk" at one of his shows.
BFF aren't *that* bad, it's just your average "alt rock" band, he plays
piano, they are big in Japan apparently.  But anytime you hear a song, like
their "brick" 4 times an hour for three 1/2 months you'll start to hate it.
And if it sucks to begin with....  "closing time" anyone??? My friend
pointed out that band has a pretty daft name, if you think about it:
Semisonic, is that to imply they are not fully audible? that song is
currently the worst offender.

<<quit complaining about someone talking over part of the b&s song!  oh boo
hoo. us americans didn't get to hear any of it.we don't get any good radio
shows here >>
this just needed repeating. AMEN sister!
All those complaining about whatsherface talking over the song is sentenced
to listen to our maligned local alt rock station for 2 days, that's 48 hours
full of Everclear, Smashmouth and fake ska/swing bands to you.
We have some umm "Brit" influenced clubs, which are swell if you dig hearing
4 year old Pulp and Blur songs, or dealing with 17 year olds in parkas who
think they are mods.

To add gratuitous B&S content, are there any planned release dates for the
singles here??? with the matador deal, does this mean they'll be releasing
videos here in the US now, too? Not that we would ever hear/see them, but...

oh it's so hot in here!!!
t.

  >>> B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at <<<
      >>> http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html <<<
                       Nee, nee mun pish etc.