Sinister: The Cult of the Left-Handed Sinistines (and Billy Joel)

Mick McMick mick at xxx.com
Fri Aug 7 12:55:20 BST 1998

andy dean penned...
> 3) strange that someone asked why stuart m was 'pretending' to be left
> handed in the new press shot (the one in the lecture theatre) cos if
> you watch him spray the wall in the 'dog on wheels' video he also does
> this with his left hand...

	OH dear! Why do you think people think we are all a 'cult following'?
Is his handedness really that important? Repeat after me: They're just a
band. Now please, throw that half-eaten ham sandwich which you found in
the dumpster behind Stuart M's house away please, it's starting to smell
a bit ;)

someone other than andy wrote...
> You know, BILLY JOEL trademarked his name recently.  Astounding, isn't
> it?

	Well, Idunno, I mean there are several reasons why he might do this.
The first is that a Billy Joel fan might see that a prospective musician
who happened to have the same name was playing in a club somewhere, then
go and be very disappointed that it wouldn't be the BIlly Joel who has
had Top 40 hits.
	The other, more important-seeming reason, is that someone other than
Billy Joel, up until recently, could have trademarked his name, then
Billy Joel, who has sold quite a lot of records, would be out of his
name and also his name recognition. He might have to change his name
into some silly sort of symbol. Think of it as protection against silly
lawsuits.

	Working at a law firm is bad for your mental health,
           *-*-*  Nee, nee mun pish, chan pai dee kwa  *-*-*