Sinister: Re: B&S in US

Katrina House a-and-r at xxx.uk
Fri Aug 7 18:42:30 BST 1998

Hi everyone,

Tara wrote:

> My question was maybe a little misleading, what I was inquiring about were
> songs off the new album?  Although the release date is only one day after
> that of the UK's, radio programs there are airing songs, yet I haven't
> heard boo on the radio here in California yet (even the indie-friendly
> college stations). :-(  Is it simply up to the radio stations whether or
> not they want to play the songs? Will there be specific "release" dates
> for what songs get airplay & when? Or is the band not releasing any songs
> as "singles" per se?  Finally, can we expect to see any videos for the
> forthcoming album?
> Sorry but i (obviously!) don't know how these things work, and i searched
> both jeepster's and stuart d's site but couldn't find answers to these
> q's.

Oops, i jumped the gun yet again :)  anyhow, the current situation is as
follows:

belle & sebastian will not be releasing any singles from this album (as
indeed i hope they never will ...). i don't know how radio promotion
works outside the uk ... the other territories take care of this in
their own way however they feel is best.

as far as videos go, there is a video for "is it wicked not to care?"
which is being edited soon.  again, i can only tell you how we do things
in the uk and i'm not up on what everyone else does.  all territories
will receive copies of the vids, whether they get shown locally depends
on their tv promotion campaign.

i know that doesn't help much, but i spose it's an answer anyway!

cheers,
Katrina.
        jeepster recordings ltd. - mailto:a-and-r at jeepster.co.uk
            217 canalot, 222 kensal road, london, w10 5bn, uk
               phone - 0181 964 9432, fax - 0181 964 8600
                        http://www.jeepster.co.uk
           *-*-*  Nee, nee mun pish, chan pai dee kwa  *-*-*