Sinister: six impossible things before breakfast*

Stuart Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Fri Aug 7 22:33:52 BST 1998

Just a couple of quickies today;

There's a piece about Salako in this week's NME, which I don't think
anyone's mentioned yet. And it includes James (singer) being asked which
instrument he plays and replying "My favourite colour is yellow" or
something like that. Bizarre. Oh, and each week they print a list of the
top 10 new releases being played on the NME stereo, and the B&S album is
at number one, which normally means it'll get a stonking good review...

Since I haven't been able to hear Isobel's little ditties on the Treehouse
web site, because they're not Real Audio or something, I was wondering if
anyone had managed to get them on tape? And would be a really kind person
and do me a copy? I can offer any B&S stuff under the sun in exchange...
Oh, and speaking of Stuart David's site, can anyone out there provide
lyrics for the Looper single?

As for B&S having to change their name, it would be very inconvenient with
the new album being readied as we speak (any artwork yet?); but they
could always call themselves "The Boy With The Arab Strap" and call the
album "Belle and Sebastian" ;-)

The Tall Git
(Who would love to go to HQs in Camden and laugh at people's dress sense,
but it would mean missing South Park...)

* Well this may well have been nicked from Alice in Wonderland, but its
spiritual home is in the heavenly "Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy" -
"When you've done six impossible things before breakfast, why not round it
off with breakfast at Milliways, the restaurant at the end of the
universe?"