Sinister: spice up your life

jessica tinystar at xxx.com
Sat Aug 8 05:47:18 BST 1998

Hello,

I've been quiet for a while, but two beers, champagne, and some shots at a
friend's wedding have made me feel chatty tonight.  I started out the day
feeling crap because my date, who is a good friend but does have a
girlfriend, bailed on me at 11pm last night: his girlfriend apparently had
some issues with us attending a wedding together.  So I was prepared to go
and sulk and sit in the corner and get absolutely plastered (thank god for
open bar weddings), but instead I actually had a good time, thanks to
friends that also came single (and a little alcohol, don't get me wrong)
and some bright moments from the dj, who played dance mixes of Abba,
Madonna, and the Spice Girls (okay, a guilty pleasure).  I, being the drama
queen that I am, had to dance and shake my booty and my feather boa (baby
blue to match my dress) and my silver shoes and drag various friends onto
the dance floor and danced with my friend's brother, who's close to my age
and a darn cute guy.  So I'm a bit tipsy in that tired, dopey way,
listening to the Trembling Blue Stars and feeling lovesick, thinking about
the Spice Girls (a real hot topic lately for some reason, them and
Volkswagen Beetles and computers) and various Perl codes, since my computer
geek self always exists, especially late at night.

I'm very pleased that I am getting a filing cabinet in my room, so I don't
have to go to the kitchen to do my magnetic poetry.  And oh yes, I'll be
able to file things in it as well.  Wunnerful.

sleep tight,
jessica

Perhaps I shall start posting more often.  This feels as though it may be
cathartic when sober.

Someone had spied on us, I suppose, as we sat beside the canal and ate the
sandwiches, drinking not even orangeade or Coca-Cola but hot milk out of a
thermos.