Sinister: Top Ten

jon g. jon.g at xxx.com
Sat Aug 8 08:57:09 BST 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Evans <aevans at xxx.uk>
To: 'Sinister' <sinister at majordomo.net>
Date: 06 August 1998 09:41
Subject: Sinister: Top Ten

Euan wrote :
>>He also said that the French lady creator of the cartoon B&S was not
>>very happy about the use of her characters' names, and that they were
>>possibly going to have to change the name of the Band.
>>Is this true?  And if so any suggestions for an alternative
>
>Keith added :
>>A subtle change might work. Belle end Sebastian perhaps.  Belle end
>Semenstain maybe?

?I think Bill and Semenstain would be more topical.

>My top ten name alternatives to Belle and Sebastian that'll probably piss
someone off :

>2) Belle & Sebastian

all you have to do is make it Bel land Sebastian or something clever.

Did anyone see last week's NME?  In the back, on the adverts pages, there
was one from a certain mail order company (I don't remember which one).  But
anyway, in the wanted list, they said they would give £120 for Tigermilk.
How rude of them.  I hope no-one is naive enough to take up this paltry
offer.

I heard 'The Boy' yesterday.  It is most pleasing.  Especially the flutey
bit.  And the handclaps.  Most exciting.

that's  all I have to say at the minute

love
jon g. [currently experiencing work experience in a certain office.  but not
just any office, an office without email!]
jon.g at btinternet.com - http://surf.to/jongandbethey