Sinister: Ahhh :)

LoonyLiz at xxx.com LoonyLiz at xxx.com
Sat Aug 8 09:50:53 BST 1998

	I was driving my friend Danielle home tonight after we went and saw Ever
After, which is a cute movie even though Drew Barrymore can't act for beans,
what does it matter, she's adorable.  Where was I? Oh yes.  I was driving
Danielle home and had the radio tuned to the local alternative rock station,
which is never particularly creative in it's playlist, but can get interesting
sometimes.  The song that was playing was absolutely beautiful, and the
singer's voice sounded vaguely familiar, but I couldn't quite place it.  THEN
Mr. DJ came on and let his friendly listeners know that the song was by Elliot
Smith.  So can somebody tell me SOMEthing about Elliot Smith, and recommend a
good album of his to start out with?  'cause I totally fell in love with his
voice in whatever song it was that was playing.
	There's MORE!  After identifying the Smith song, Mr. DJ went on to say "And
lastly this evening, here's a brand new one from the world of indie
rock...Belle and Sebastian!"  And I DON'T KNOW THE NAME OF THE SONG THAT HE
PLAYED!!!  Obviously it was off the new album.  I was just so ECSTATIC to hear
them on the RADIO!!!  I turned it WAY up and drove the rest of the way home in
absolute bliss :)  But what song was it?  There was something in the lyrics
about dreaming...and...there was more...but I'm a loser and I forget.  I can't
even remember how the song went, I was just THRILLED that my local radio
station was playing B&S!  As it turns out, this indie showcase is on EVERY
Friday night, so from now on I'll be tuning in to hopefully catch some more
cool stuff.  And to think, all this time I've been listening to Friday Night
Fever: Disco Request!  when this other fabulous show was being broadcast just
a few stations away.

Life is good.
Liz =o)