Sinister: Plusses, nails and clematis

Honey honey at xxx.net
Sat Aug 8 13:36:48 BST 1998

A few things pop pickers:

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, ellis bell wrote:
> this list is a fuckin' nail.
> i'm so off it.

I dunno what a fookin nail is but I gather it's not complimentary -
well I guess Ellis will have to make his own list that he likes
better.  Everyone else - don't have a go on the list please, there's
no need, it's called probation.

While we're on - can some people be more judicious in their quoting
please - just quote the smallest amount from a previous mail you need
to make your point - and try and make it as readable as you can.

Lots new people have suddenly joined the list.  HELLO.  Have fun and
please read the list rules on the WWW site in the footer.  I'm Honey,
your hostess for the flight, would you like ice in that, sir?

Miller Light wrote:
> Don't forget that August 25th is Stuart Murdoch's birthday, so get
> knitting, girls!

Yes and I'll have a nice pair of booties too please because Sinister is one
year old 2 days later.  Debate is raging about how to celebrate it -
hey I could shut the list down as a surprise!  Or or or - I could
change it to horticulture list!  All postings that don't contain the
word "clematis" will be banned.

On Sat, 8 Aug 1998, Rod Nonplussed wrote:

> Dear Mr Honey Paul,
>
> I am instructed by my client, Roderick Alexander Begbie, to inform you
> that the addition of '+' symbols to the standard message tagged onto mails
> to the Sinister mailing list contravenes his copyright.
>
> Mr Begbie has used an identical line in all his .signatures for bloomin'
> ages now, and feels he owns copyright on the '70 dashes with + signs at
> either end' device.

Dear Mr Rodney's solicitor sir - I was using plus's when young Wod
was in short pants and having his fingers rapped by Keith's ruler.  I
just erm.. stopped for a bit.  It's all part of a fiendish masterplan
to rid the digest users of death-by-multiple-list-signatures so
there.  Digesters - send me flowers if you like it.

+--honey--+ xxx