Sinister: scottish band help

nguyenfamily at xxx.net nguyenfamily at xxx.net
Sat Aug 8 22:57:03 BST 1998

hello hello sinisterines!  well, this is my first post to the list.  this is the first time that i actually know what someone is talking about, so that's why i am
posting now. :0) anyhow....

> Hi all. I've been helping out this Los Angeles band called "Fonda"...They
> have an EP/CD out and are playing North By NorthWest soon..the problem
> IS....I've just heard from someone in the band that there might be a
> Scottish band called "Fonda" as well...lead by the sister of the main guy
> in the Trashcan Sinatras...Does anyone have any info on this band? How long
> have they been together...any releases? One of the bands will have to
> change their name..but which one...? Any info would help...Thanks...

okay..here is what i know about fonda.  i hope this is able to help you somehow.  yes, the band is lead by rachel (i dunno if this is the correct spelling) reader, who
is the sister of frank reader of tcs fame.  one of their songs is on the ayr college 'sound of purple' 17 song promo cd, which also includes tcs and other scottish/uk
bands.  erm, that's all i know, really.  i know its not much, but maybe it'll help you just a wee bit.  i got all this info on the tcs mailing list, cos my sister is
subsribed to it.  i'm sure someone on the tcs list is bound to know all the info you want, but i just don't know who.  if its not too much of an inconvience, you can
join the list for a few days, and ask someone.  you can e-mail: Majordomo at bansheeparadigm.com and write 'subscribe trashcan' as the body of the message.

okay, i guess that's the end of my very first post.  i hope i didn't break any rules, cos i don't want honey to get mad at me.

bye bye you lovely people!

mai xx