Sinister: midge hell

Vicky Parkinson uczcvap at xxx.uk
Mon Aug 10 13:17:47 BST 1998

I think it would have been much more apt to name the album 'Is it wicked
not to care', but then what do I know.

Does anyone have a miraculous cure for the constant itching of insect bites?

My birthday party on fri. was spent outside enjoying the amazing weather,
but the smoke from the various charred uneaten remains failed to keep the
insects at bay and now I have one bite on my nose and another on my cheek,
and it looks as though I have the worst acne ever (despite my old age) and
they are itching like crazy. Very attractive.

However I did manage to blast Belle and Sebastian at full volume making
sure all the neighbours had the pleasure as well as my guests.

Someone got me Filth for my birthday, and I read it on sat. Basically all
Irvine Welsh has to do is think up a character and then introduce lots of
drugs and sex and corruption (oh, and a talking tapeworm?!) and hey presto
a bestseller. entertaining, but I'm glad I didn't pay for it. Isn't it sad
how fame and fortune usually waters down talent? (although I am sure some
will argue that he never had any in the first place)

I was looking out of the bus this morning, and London does not look
anything like a style capital if any of the clothes I saw are anything to
go by. British people do not know how to dress for the sun, not even
Londoners. Although i am sure London will be blown away by the style in The
Shepherds Bush Empire on the 7th Sept! Anyone fancy taking a book on how
many pairs of flares/chords etc. there are?

I'm not trying to avoid writing my dissertation, oh no.

Vic