Sinister: This letter contains no gratuitous Nick Dastoor comment

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Mon Aug 10 16:13:19 BST 1998

Funky, Funky Seb wrote:

I wish I had a Claire Grogan somewhere. <sighs>.

Is that A Claire Grogan, or THE Claire Grogan? I doubt many of us would
say no to the real article, and now that cloning is so advanced, all one
of us needs is some piece of Grogan ephemera with her skin cells on it
which we can then send to a suitable chemist (there must be one out
there in Listland) who can sort us all a Claire Grogan of our very own!

Or alternatively, we could persuade the lovely Ms. G to auction herself
for the hospital thing and whichever Listee offers the most gets to gaze
adoringly at her in their very own home. For a bit. She'd be up for
that, don't you reckon? If we asked nicely and all...

Okay, own up then, who's the flush geezer who bought Tigermilk. I know
you're there somewhere (even if it is as a cover for some Japanese bloke
working for a Tokyo dealership). I'd just like to say that I am willing
to auction my entire Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine Collection, on
behalf of the Association for Sufferers of Munchausen's syndrome - I've
got everything up to Bloodsport for All! Now don't all rush at once...

B&S content - hmmm. One of my friends who heard them for the first time
yesterday was very impressed, but said that they sound like the Stone
Roses. Any comments? I'm beginning to see what she meant, though I'm
finding it very difficult to put into words. To quote my chum Alastair,
who one or two of you might know - "perhaps just the pure happy pop
thing. (the first roses album
only, obviously)" - I reckon he's hit the nail on the head. Any other
unlikely suggestions as to B&S bedfellows?

Did anyone understand what that Ellis fellow was going on about? I was
watching the world BMX championships on Eurosport (I was waiting for the
Indycar racing, honest) and they all seemed to speak like that. The
witch hunt is narrowing down - soon his head will be on a virtual pole
outside the list gates and our enemies will fear us...

Ho hum, back to stories about anthropomorphised ants, then,
love Mark