Sinister: weird rumors and fuzzy pictures

david kitchen shop at xxx.uk
Tue Aug 11 16:47:22 BST 1998

Janine Papp wrote:

> Also... I recently saw a VERY badly xeroxed copy of the cover artwork of
> the Boy with the Arab Strap.  Should I tell what it looks like?  Or do you
> want to be surprised?  keep in mind I only sort of know because it was a
> very bad copy... I won't tell yet, unless you all want me to, in which I
> case I will spill it.
>
> Queen Bee Janine

several people on the list who seem to have been here since the year dot
have all surprised me over the past week by saying that they didn't want
to hear too much of the album too early as it would spoil the surprise.

weird huh? people who can lay their hands on the thing turn it down!?

but what this leads to is a simple point.

some people are choosing not to hear the records, learn the lyrics or
view the artwork.
they just want it to have it all when the time comes rather than bits
and bobs that simply lessen the moment.

so please, for these people, if you have info on artwork, lyrics,
whatever, just keep it to your self, or, announce that you've got them
and will supply them on request. but do not post it to the list as the
temptation may be too much for them.

i might've heard the album, but i still don't have an artworked copy and
am quite happy to live without that sort of info until it comes out.

i know, i'm a killjoy, but others appreciate it sometimes.

david kitchen

     david kitchen : merchandising and websites : jeepster records

                         http://www.jeepster.co.uk/
                http://www.jeepster.co.uk/belleandsebastian/

                       mailto:shop at jeepster.co.uk

 jeepster recordings ltd, 217 canalot, 222 kensal road, london w10 5bn

       with the words 'subscribe news' in the body of the message
     there is no need to subscribe if you are on the 'sinister' list