Sinister: Facial Review

Cassell Professional Publishing d.barker at xxx.uk
Tue Aug 11 18:23:14 BST 1998

Just to let you know that The Face have reviewed the new record. This is
from memory, as I'm not fashionable enough to actually buy the magazine.

The title track is the Bay City Rollers recorded in a church hall. Seymour
Stein is a country lament to the record company executive, and Is It Wicked
Not to Care casts Isobel Campbell as a sixties folkstress. Sublime AND
ridiculous.

Pithy AND pissy, I'd say.

Went to see Armageddon on Friday night. Don't bother! This film will give
you a headache. I watched half an hour of it with my eyes shut because I
couldn't bear to see any more stupid special effects.

On to books, if any of you still haven't read The Wind-up Bird Chronicle,
you are being very silly indeed.

Another great one is Eucalyptus by Murray Bail, an Australian writer. It's a
fairy tale and is totally lovely.

XFM seem to keep playing the same three songs over and over again. Have they
been sent a copy of the whole album, or just a selection of songs. I really
want to hear Ease Your Feet... on the radio. The way that Stuart sings 'curl
your toes' is the cutest thing I've ever heard.

Take care

DAVID