Sinister: r*lling st*ne

Kimberly Rivas-Plata krivas at xxx.gov
Tue Aug 11 20:12:43 BST 1998

triple A mentioned:

knowing how "hip" RS considers themselves
to be, they won't "discover" B&S until 2003

actually, RS reviewed IYFS last spring I think it was, much to my
shock. they gave it a pretty decent review as well (can't remember
exactly what it said but I could go look it up if anyone was that
interested).  for a brief moment upon seeing the review I thought
"oh no, now the cat's out of the bag and EVERYONE will know how
great b&s are and they won't be a best-kept secret anymore!"
(yeah, selfish attitude I know, but it was just a reflex reaction.)

anyway, it didn't seem to make too much difference in the US - I've
STILL yet to hear them on the radio (I'll probably be all old and gray
before that ever happens.)

if any US listees are looking for a cheaper substitute for the
imported (and rather pricey) NME or Select or whatever, try AP
(Alternative Press) - it has a good album review section which may
not always be current, but is fairly extensive.

and to Vic who queried:

Does anyone have a miraculous cure for the constant itching of insect bites?

try using rubbing alcohol on the bites followed by an application of
Calydril (I think Calomine lotion is the generic name). if that's not available,
try mixing up a paste of meat tenderizer and water - "it draws out the bad
stuff" is what my mom always said.   both remedies are kinda messy, but
they work.

ttfn,
pre-Dr. kim