Sinister: all your heroes are whores

debbie debbie.prior at xxx.com
Tue Aug 11 19:39:30 BST 1998

hello.
i heard 'it could have been a brilliant carrer' on radcliffe too, today.
oooh, how i love to hear b&s on the radio... simultaneously wanting
everyone in the world to hear their brilliance while also wanting noone to
have heard them so's i can keep them all to myself... but we all know how
that discussion goes, so i'll quit while i'm lagging.

i am pleased, though, that they have carried on the pattern of opening each
album with a track that fades in, so's that you have to turn it up really
loud at first, then when the louder bits come in it goes all distorted and
crap if you forget to turn it back down. Or maybe that's just cos i have
the worst tape player ever. Hmmmm.

Janine wrote:
I believe I once read somwhere
(and no, I don't believe everything I read, esp. when it comes to b&s) that
one of the members of Belle and Sebastian only eats like, three kinds of
food

oh i do hope this is true. I only eat rice, pasta and toast. All the time.
Seriously. I have yet to find something that i actually like the taste of.
sad but true, i know- i think i need help...

someone who has never been more WRONG in his life, wrote:
>Oh, can I take the opportunity to point out that the new Manics sounds
like
>The Lightning Seeds?

no you can't as the lightning seeds are one of the most awful bands to
emerge in recent history (apart from chumbawamba and space) and the manics
are the greatest. That's the most ludicrous comparison i have ever heard (
and believe me, i've heard many- i have yet to meet a real live person who
actually likes the manics, which is tragic, really) But never mind, i'm
sure you didn't mean it...

love,
Debbie xxx