Sinister: Alternative Press (die!)

Mick McMick mick at xxx.com
Tue Aug 11 22:36:59 BST 1998

Kimberly Rivas-Plata wrote:
> if any US listees are looking for a cheaper substitute for the
> imported (and rather pricey) NME or Select or whatever, try AP
> (Alternative Press) - it has a good album review section which may
> not always be current, but is fairly extensive.

	Yeah, but they don't cover anything good anymore =)  No, just kidding,
I realize that what I call good and what someone else calls good are
different things, but... AP is in a swift downward spiral, marked
recently by their 7" reviews shrinking from a 1-2 page spread to a
paltry 1/2 page column. Not only that, but there are easily a hundred
wonderful albums that come out every year that don't grace the pages of
AP, not to mention many many singles. I think that 90% of the new music
I buy never gets a mention there. Save your money, buy a fanzine, get a
real opinion and avoid all those Marilyn Manson interviews while you're
at it.

	Wishing his 2-year subscription to AP would go ahead & die now,

 /"\_/"\_/"\    Mick McMick - mick at indiepop.com - ICQ#5056758
 \         /    Sandcastle Records - sandcastlerecords at indiepop.com