No subject

Neil Dewhurst NeilD at xxx.uk
Wed Aug 12 14:08:59 BST 1998

The excitement of waiting for a new album release outstrips by a mile
the actual moment when it slots into the tray and the laser does its
thing.  The first time I realised this was when I bought the
Tindersticks' live album.  Months of waiting after hearing them live,
and then one day it finally appears on my doormat in a fat brown
envelope.  As I carefully clicked the disc from its casing it occurred
to me that once I pressed play, I would never ever again know what it
felt like not to know what it would sound like.  I would never again be
able to appreciate the anticipation.
I'll go out an buy The boy...on the day of release, with only radio
snippets to keep me going until then.  Then I'll listen to it.  And then
I'll realise that I won't hear many new songs for a very long time...

As for the manics.  It's an old theme, but the new song is a little bit
too much by numbers.  Not so manic now.

someone who has never been more WRONG in his life, wrote:
>Oh, can I take the opportunity to point out that the new Manics sounds
like
>The Lightning Seeds?

no you can't as the lightning seeds are one of the most awful bands to
emerge in recent history (apart from chumbawamba and space) and the
manics are the greatest. That's the most ludicrous comparison i have
ever heard ( and believe me, i've heard many- i have yet to meet a real
live person who actually likes the manics, which is tragic, really) But
never mind, i'm sure you didn't mean it...
				love,
				Debbie xxx