J Errington james at xxx.com
Thu Aug 13 12:12:08 BST 1998

Debbie wrote:
> the lightning seeds are one of the most awful bands to
> emerge in recent history (apart from chumbawamba and space) and the
> manics are the greatest.
Don't mince your words do you debbie? As for me, the more manics I listen to,
the more interviews I read, and the more manics fanzines I read, the more
pretentious and soundbite-obsessed they seem to me. It's five years now and
the only thing that stands up to scrutiny is 'The Holy Bible.' Apart from
'Archives of pain' - It leaves me with a very bad taste in my mouth to like a band
who advocate murder. And ok, chumbawamba, the lightning seeds and space
aren't the coolest most credible bands around, but they are quite pop or even
P!O!P! and there's nothing wrong with that. Isn't 'The Ballad Of Tom Jones' one
of the funniest things you've ever heard?

....and talking of only eating 3 foods, I only don't eat peppers, mushrooms and
halva.  Which is strange 'cos up to the age of 6 or so I would only eat jaffa
cakes and garlic sausage and only drink ribena. I hope it didn't stunt my
development... ....hey, that would explain a lot.....
.....I have to get out of this house. I didn't realise this before, but I cant cope
without my friends around me, however little fun I have with them at the time.

	Well, enough! To martley for a 3 day party!
						WeeJay

PS I've just re-read this and it sounds overly harsh on the Manics. Please scroll
up and read it again bearing in mind I used to be a HUGE fan.

"...All you can do is laugh
All I can do is cry..."
james at twopounds.u-net.com